ESSA’s Membership research focussed our International Activity, in three key areas;
- Highlight the credibility of ESSA members, our kite mark of quality, code of conduct and compliance procedures
- Remove physical barriers, building a bridge showing the UK is part of the ‘Continent of Europe’ and going local is not necessarily better or cheaper, UK has lots to offer on the ‘export’ market!
Promotion and/or support of ESSA members who operate overseas by increasing International contacts to create a worldwide network to help members find partners, and understand overseas rules and regulations
To promote these areas ESSA will;
- Attend international events, such as EuroShop, IFES meetings, EDPA’s ACCESS conferences
- Seek to obtain conference speaking opportunities, and marketing and PR opportunities to re-affirm the above
- Generate internal and external PR, to UK trade press, overseas organiser associations such as UFI, IAEE and International Press such as Meetings Review, Conference World etc
Join relevant international associations, such as IFES and EDPA and more recently EXSA (scroll down or click on the links)
- for ESSA's latest International News scroll down or click here
International Federation of Exhibition and Event Services (IFES)
Founded in 1984, with support from the UK via BECA, IFES started as a small association to become a global organization with 14 member associations representing no less than 1300 companies active in the sector. IFES interfaces with several world associations that each are dedicated to the world of exhibitions.
IFES is the only international organization dedicated to the specific needs of exposition designers and providers of tradeshow services. EDPA is a member of IFES and endorses its events and activities.
For more information about IFES click on the links.
ESSA members are entitled to a 200 Euro discount, worth over 25% on standard individual membership fees of IFES – for more information on please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Exhibit Design Producers Association (EDPA)
The Exhibit Designers and Producers Association (EDPA), founded in 1954, is an internationally recognized national trade association with more than 400 corporate members from 18 countries that are engaged in the design, manufacture, transport, installation and service of displays and exhibits primarily for the exhibition and event industry.
Its purpose is to provide education, leadership and networking for the advancement of its members and the exhibition industry. In addition to providing regional industry education programs through its six chapters, EDPA organizes one annual meeting, tradeshow and golf tournament in a resort location for industry members and their suppliers. EDPA holds quarterly board meetings, publishes a printed quarterly newsletter, monthly electronic newsletter and membership directory and also hosts several industry awards, educational surveys and supports the EDPA Foundation.
For more information about EDPA, please click on the links
Exhibition and Event Associaton of South Africa (EXSA)
The Exhibition and Event Association of Southern Africa, EXSA, was founded in 1980 as a non-profit organisation representing Venues, Organisers, Exhibition Designers, Stand builders, Service Companies and Associate organisations.
EXSA, via collective representation, provides a forum for all participants across the spectrum of the exhibition industry:-
- adds credibility, status and integrity to its members through membership qualifying criteria and adherence to the Code of Ethics.
- protects the interests of its members, exhibitors and visitors to exhibitions.
- sets standards and ethics amongst its members and endeavors to create a professional image for the industry as a whole;
- provides a platform for arbitration and mediation in the event of disputes between members and/or exhibitors;
- provides recognition to members and exhibitors by judging exhibition stands and exhibitions, thus developing excellence within the industry;
- lobbies at government level on legislation affecting the exhibition industry; and
- provides an information collection and dissemination service to all interested parties, both locally and internationally.
For more information about EXSA click on the links
ESSA is now a member of EXSA, the Exhibition and Event Association of South Africa.
EDPA PULSE: Intended as a response to the EDPA membership's request for more timely information, the EDPA’s PULSE looks to deliver high level trending information on a Quarterly basis. This edition will offer a first look at Quarter over Quarter responses as well as a look at international revenues in their Heartbeat segment. To review the report visit Exclusive Member Offers and click on International Research.
International Exhibiting Survey: The EDPA and Red 7 Media Research & Consulting worked together to develop an analysis of international event participation and exhibting trends. In October and November 2011 a survey of leading exhibitors was conducted on their international exhibit programs, exhibit house and service provider requirements and additional trends related to exhibiting overseas. To download the full survey click on Exclusive Member Offers. You will find the report under the International Research Section.
Further to our focus on International Activity we’re delighted to announce we’ve obtained a report from over the pond, which details the Exhibitor Costs in 41 US cities for labor, drayage, audio visual and exhibitor services. To download the report click on Exclusive Member Offers. You will find the report under the International Reseach section.
IFES, the international association of associations in the same market as ESSA has chosen to bring its 2012 AGM to Oxford following suggestions by ESSA Director Chris Skeith whilst attending the IFES 2011 AGM in Ghent last year.... read more
ESSA Director Chris Skeith addressed an international audience on the IFES booth at Euroshop 2011 where he addressed representatives from fellow national associations that support event and exhibition contractors and suppliers. The delegates associations had a truly in international reach that included Austria, Germany, Argentina, Mexico, US, Belgium and Greece...read more
ESSA has joined the International Federation of Exhibition and Event Services (IFES) as part of its commitment to increase the international representation of UK based member companies....read more 10.01.2011.